| || |
Over 1000 Website Reviews Dating Back to 1996
Law-Related Archives Dating Back to 1992
RedStreet publishes reviews of law firm website in our Reviews section, and we include archives of what the law firm website home pages looked like in our Museum section. We have over 200 MB of content on this website and are always adding to it. We welcome your feedback!
Who Are We?
RedStreet Inc. was founded in April 1997 as Red Street Consulting by Richard P. Klau and Erik J. Heels, and RedStreet was incorporated in January 2000. Working together since 1993, Klau and Heels saw RedStreet as an opportunity to narrow their focus and work with law firms in a more significant manner.
Erik J. Heels is a legal technologist and a patent attorney. From 1992 to 1995, Erik wrote seven editions of his book The Legal List: Law-Related Resources on the Internet and Elsewhere, the last two of which were published by Lawyers Cooperative Publishing. He and Klau wrote Law Law Law on the Internet: The Best Legal Websites and More in 1998; RedStreet's Best Legal Websites 2000 in 2000. He writes the "nothing.but.net" column for the ABA's Law Practice Management magazine and regularly speaks about issues related to law and technology. He earned his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from MIT and his J.D. from the University of Maine School of Law.
Richard P. Klau is a graduate of the University of Richmond School of Law. While in law school, Rick founded the Richmond Journal of Law & Technology, the world's first law journal to publish exclusively online. A regular speaker at marketing and technology conferences around the country, Rick has also written extensively about the changes taking place in the legal profession as a result of new technology. Along with Heels, he wrote Law Law Law on the Internet: The Best Legal Websites and More and RedStreet's Best Legal Websites 2000, and he has contributed chapters on Internet technology to several books.
What Can We Do?
RedStreet specializes in helping law firms integrate the Internet into their practice. Specifically, we work with law firms to:
- Develop effective marketing campaigns that leverage technology to demonstrate the firm's strengths,
- Provide detailed audits of a firm's existing website to identify strengths and weaknesses and recommend strategies for future success,
- Assist firms in crafting RFPs to ensure that the firm's web development process will go as smoothly as possible,
- Train the members of a firm in the effective use of the Internet and educate lawyers and staff on the competitive advantages afforded by efficient uses of technology, and
- Provide ongoing assistance in understanding new technologies and how they affect law firms' business.
What Have We Done?
Here is a list of some of the firms we have worked with:
- Baker & Botts
- Buchanan Ingersoll, PC
- Fox, Rothschild, O'Brien & Frankel
- Frost & Jacobs
- Luce, Forward ,Hamilton & Scripps
- Orrick & Ward
- Sonnenschein, Nath & Rosenthal
- Strasburger & Price
If you would like more information about our work with these firms, or would like to find out how we can help you, please feel free to contact us.